Tuesday, May 31, 2011

P90X on short hiatus

After doing my Legs, Back & Abs workout on Saturday, E. and I packed up our bikes, bathing suits, hiking shoes and appetites for home made junk food and headed to The Mountains, Elk County, PA. I didn't do my Sunday exercise, but I did keep active and burn calories (though I'm sure I ate more than enough). We went hiking, tubing, "swimming" and for a couple short but hard bike rides. the bike rides were especially hard since my muscles were so, you know, confused since I had just worked them out a day or two before.

Anyway, it was great and awesome and relaxing, and then I came home and went to a barbecue and on the way home, E. hit a huge pot hole that had a gruesome lip to it that was apparently like hitting a wall. He made it through okay, thrown off his saddle onto his top tube and stem (ouch!), but it through him to the left, right into my line of traffic. I tried to swerve but I hit him and was thrown. I'm not sure of the order, but I hit the back of my head (good thing I was wearing a helmet!) and landed hard on my butt (there's an imprint of a u-lock on my right butt cheek, 'cause I had it in my back pocket), and my bike got thrown at me. I jumped up yelling, grabbed my bike and ran to the side of the road and dropped to my knees. People came out of their houses and the person driving behind me pulled over and asked if I needed a phone or anything else. I was coaxed to stand, and immediately lost my vision and thought I was going to puke and dropped back to my knees. Weirdly, my head didn't really hurt, just felt wrong. Mainly it was my butt and tailbone I was worried about. I didn't go to the hospital, but iced it when I got home (a friend of mine from the barbecue picked us up and took us back to the house. I couldn't really move and everything hurt with the slightest touch.

This morning I feel a lot better, but promised E. I will take it easy and take the bus to work today instead of riding. I proposed swimming at the gym for the next few days instead of doing P90X, and he reminded me that I only feel "not as broken" because I took four ibuprofen at once and I still feel queezy and disoriented and therefore shouldn't really even be going to work.

So I've passed the first 40 days of P90X. I have another 50 to go. Hopefully after less than a week I'll be prepared to continue. I'll keep y'all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment