Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What a pain in the ass

So I've been nursing this injury for a week now, and thought that today would be a good day to give it the old college try. My very gnarly bruise I wanted to go to the pool to work it out a little bit, especially since it's already 95 degrees here (oh hey what's up summer, I thought you weren't coming to this party). In demonstrating my adeptness to E., I did a pull up on the bar in the doorway between the kitchen and the living room, where I happened to be standing. That was apparently a horrible idea. My butt is pissed. So I'm gonna do what any sane person would do, wallow in self pity and worthlessness and eat some pie and do some laundry at my soon to be mother-in-law's house since our washer and dryer are broken, and try to get up early and go swimming when the swelling it down a little.

I did, however, ride my bike for the first time today, so that was pretty awesome. It hurt on my way to work, not because I was sitting on a bike saddle, but due to the ways in which my legs and glutes pull on my tail bone with each pedal stroke. I rode in an easy gear, which was some relief, but I'm just ready to be back to normal. On the way home, though, well  I was probably just happy to be going home to enjoy a popsicle. In the meantime, my gym membership is going to waste like so many others out there.

By the way, I went to the gym a few days after the accident, and it was apparent (and still is, in some ways) that I had a concussion. My body moved in the water as if it were an entirely new experience, as if I had little control over what it did or where it went, and my feet barely left the bottom of the pool. It was refreshing and fun, but I couldn't find that magical buoyancy I was so hoping would help me along the road to recovery.

Hopefully my next trip will be more productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment