Monday, January 26, 2015

Almost time to start moving again

So this month has been a little, umm, turbulent for my workouts (but great for my writing and work). Luckily, I have a few things on the horizon to motivate me:
  • my friend Suzanne invited me to join her for the month of February 90/10 fitness and nutrition challenge. I'm excited to get back into the swing and get a little non-detox detox action. Not only does this include nutritional counseling, but E bought a bunch of Vega One at Marshall's for super cheap AND the February challenge includes some quality time with my boy Tony Horton!
  • I'm really looking forward to kickboxing again! Since writing my article on non-gym fitness and nutrition services in Pittsburgh for Pop City, I've been really missing my butt-kicking women and men of ILKB. I still have 15 or so classes left on my card so I'll be able to kick it into high gear (get it?) when I get home, as my schedule allows.
  • I finally got my fitness itinerary for the first few months of training for my 80 mile Newfoundland hike
Since I'm preparing for a specific goal, as opposed to just working out for the love and fun of it, it will be easier to maintain a structure. However, the structure is pretty easy. So far it's very loose, and I first need to assess my fitness (which, despite my complaining and the pounds I inevitably packed on this month, is pretty good). Then, it's basically just working out three days a week that includes cardio, strength, and stretching. The fitness team also shared this helpful link from REI, specifically for training for a backpacking trip. I'm excited to have a real excuse to run the stairs besides just being kind of a maniac. I don't know if I'm really looking forward to running them with a loaded pack, but hey, baby steps. 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment