Tuesday, September 9, 2014

sick daze

The day started okay. I had my writer's group, and everyone was pleased with the spread:

healthy no sugar added zucchini bread (from previous post) with Earth Balance, zucchini sunflower hummus with baby carrots, chilled carrot ginger soup, gluten free Joe-eos, and of course coffee - with choice of almond or 1% milk.

But at 2pm I headed to a wonderful baby shower that had an incredible spread of dried fruits, nuts, and cheeses, and then a switch to bagels and lox (I tried some of the salmon just to taste, but stayed clear of the cream cheese and bagel), and then finally to a dessert spread of fresh fruit, cookies, brownies, tarts, and a Prantl's burnt almond torte cake. I had only a tasting of everything, but it was enough. My head and stomach started hurting simultaneously. 

I should also note that I was sitting down-wind from a pollen tornado, which I'm sure also has a great deal to do with my health the past few days.

I came home stuffed up and cramped, spent Sunday throwing up and unable to breathe and with a massive headache, Monday cloudy headed and dizzy from Day-Quil as I had to catch up on work from Sunday, and today I'm still unable to ride my bike or walk any distance, and have pretty strong chest pains and a winded cough. I got a pumpkin ice cream from Page Dairy, because I'm sick dammit and I can do what I want, but otherwise I've been staying on track with what I'm putting in my body. I'd say I feel great if I didn't feel like crap!

So that's my excuse for not updating in a few days. I did ride my bike up to Industry Brunch at Legume, about 3 miles uphill from my house, but that barely counts. If anyone wants me, I'll be fighting my way out of a pile of dirty tissues and hankies, and hopefully tomorrow I'll be back in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment