Friday, September 26, 2014

Hair of the Downward Dog

I woke up the next day and my back, among most everything else, seemed a bit upset. No problem-o, I thought, I'll just do more yoga. Hair of the downward dog. Just like with whiskey, though, it was only a very temporary relief, and even at that there were some positions I can ordinarily do with no problem that I straight up could not do (half boat pose) due to my lower back singing it's terrible siren song. Once my muscles cooled off from the practice, the pain was that much worse. I sprayed myself with BioFreeze and drank some cider, which helped a bit, except that I woke up in pain multiple times throughout the night. So I put some more BioFreeze on it this morning, rubbed some dirt on it, and later today I plan on taking a few laps. I have a bike race tomorrow, so I need to be back in action in time to warm up.

Oh, did I not tell you I'm on a sponsored cycling team now? Drama and intrigue surrounding the team aside, it will be nice to ride around and challenge myself on a new platform. I need to put my game face on, because October will not only be full of bike races, stair climbs while carrying a heavy pack, and daily back yoga (I ordered a back-specific yoga DVD, hosted by my man Rodney Yee), but also my Tupelo Press 30/30 Challenge. I will be facing a lot of positive adversity, if there is such a thing (spoiler: there is), and need to get back into the swing of kicking ass and pushing forward all the various blocks and hurdles that life brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment