Sunday, May 22, 2011

I skipped a day (and I liked it)

I didn't like it, in all honesty, but it had the same sort of catchiness that that Katy Perry song, "I Kissed a Girl" has, so I went for it. Actually, I felt, and feel, pretty bad about myself for skipping a day and am not quite sure what I should do. I missed "Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X" which is a pretty important day. Today is supposed to be Kenpo. I think that I will do yesterday's exercise today and Kenpo tomorrow instead of the Rest Day

In my defense, I was at Steevo and Amy's wedding! It's fascinating to see two people who had long ago been destined for one another and have been together and happy for so many years, throw a huge party to celebrate that love, and during the party seem to fall even more in love with one another. I hope that our wedding is as impassioned and that people have as much fun at our wedding as we had at theirs. I'm not typically a dancer and neither is E., but we certainly did dance at their wedding, for at least half the dancing portion. So at least we burned some calories (and, I should add, looked pretty awesome doing so). There were lots of cakes that all looked delicious and I only tasted one or two of them, and in good Pittsburgh fashion there was a cookie table with seriously fabulous sweets of all sorts.

Tonight we are barbecuing, so I need to get my butt in gear if I want to get my butt in gear before friends come over.

Sorry to let everyone down about skipping yesterday. It was the first day I haven't worked out (besides a designated rest day, when I usually just go for a walk with the dog and nap because I'm lazy) since I started this program 34 days ago. This spring has proven to be very busy! I should have started P90X earlier in the year when things were slower and there were less distractions and obligations (however wonderful and satisfying they may be).

No comments:

Post a Comment