Friday, May 20, 2011

Power Yoga

The best parts of today were as follows:

1. Cappuccino at Big Dog with my good friend Becca (I also got a coffee, which is the reason I'm updating my blog now instead of taking my intended and needed nap).

2. Finding out that Rodney Yee's Total Body Power Yoga is much easier now than it was a year or so ago when I last did his DVD (this is also sort of a bad thing since I need to BRING IT!).

3. Meeting Steve K for breakfast on the South Side as part of Pittsburgh's Car Free Friday kick-off (which is also international Bike To Work Day, which means maybe you were able to get a free breakfast in your area as well and hopefully no one pretended to run you over because they think it's funny).

10,000. Taking care of Major Tom (my Boston Terrier/Boxer mix, not some old uncle with dementia) all day while he pukes and pukes and pukes and looks really sad and pathetic and dry heaves and pukes up gross stuff and eats it to stop dry heaving and naps and pretends like it never happens and wags his tail and wants to eat as if he's not gonna just puke it up again and now I smell like dog puke and it will probably never wash off and the entire kitchen is covered in puke anyway so I might as well just be buried here when I die of fecal overload because seriously this puke was so gross I swear he just vomited diarrhea.

The yoga was actually pretty great, though. This is a real good dvd if you are doing a yoga routine and want to switch it up but can't leave the house because you're covered in dog vomit or don't have $15 to spend on stretching. It's well rounded, as the title suggests, and moves fairly quickly, and the repetition of sun salutations and little distraction save for the instructions is helpful to get into a focused mind frame. It's only an hour, but I do have a lot of biking to do today (well, not really, but up and down some hills) to get to a "nice to see you for the day you are in town" party and a going away party, so that will make up the half hour difference between P90X yoga and Rodney Yee yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment