Saturday, November 8, 2014

I finished a marathon!!!

Okay, it was a poetry marathon, but give me some credit! It took years of training, lots of support from my friends and family, and a lot of digging deep into myself to find the ability to keep going when I was tired and sore and psychologically drained.

Now that it's over, I've taken a shower and a very long nap, I'm starting to recover. Today I drank some apple cider vinegar with water and maple/agave syrup (it's better than it sounds, trust me). I also made some incredible granola. I posted the recipe earlier, so I won't clog your feed with it again, but this time I cut down on the sugars and made the apple juice fresh, and added more of it. Apple juice is a lot thicker when it's straight from the juicer, so I used it to supplement some of the maple/agave (it's also a lot cheaper). For the add-ins, I used chia and flaw seeds, cashew bits, dried cranberries, and banana chips. Here's a photo:
As a public service announcement, since it did HAIL today (ugh), I will let you fine people know that So Delicious brand Coconut Nog is now available in stores, and it is divine. So go ahead, turn up that oven to 300, and let your house warm up just a few degrees while you slog some nog and wait for your warm granola to be oven fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment