Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 1: Chest & Back & Ab Ripper X

My alarm didn't go off today. It's still set and will probably go off on Wednesday, when it's additionally set to go off every week.  No matter, I woke up at 7:50 (thanks to E's biological clock) and was in my shorts in front of the dvd by 8 a.m., in the shower by 9, and picked up my friends on time (or on time enough) to go to our work retreat. I went for a swim and sat in the hot tub (like I said, it was a retreat), and during the pot luck I stayed on track. I only ate the food I brought (which, okay, was quinoa salad, a gluten free lower fat cinnamon bun, and half an egg white omelet - not the most nor least healthy) and snacked on sliced red bell peppers and baby carrots sparingly. I ate three (...or so...) chocolate covered raisins when I came back from the retreat (and finally ate that omelet I couldn't shove down earlier). Then came home to a wonderful chicken salad w/ Tony Horton brand salad dressing that Evan made. Then he left to pick up more energy bars and I finished up my Ab Ripper X.

So now I'm in the stage of the first week where I am hungry all the time and have a hard time consuming all my needed calories without just eating a damn Snickers pizza. Perhaps a Reeses lasagna, says E.

But my exercise was hard but not unconquerable. My push ups and pull ups are weak and in poor form and lacking in, well, existence (I mean, I did them, just not as many as I used to be able to do; I used to be able to not keep up with the videos, but put in my efforts for as long as they were or longer). My abs workout was strong and fulfilling, and I finished the mason twists including the bonus round. It sucked, clearly, but it was also awesome. I love Ab Ripper X. It makes me feel alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment