Wednesday, May 16, 2012

pre Dirt Fest check-in

If I am God, my body is poor Job. Maybe comfort is the devil? Lethargy?

Anyway, in the latest stroke of accidents, I threw out my back. Whew, did it totally suck. I wasn't even doing anything cool, which is embarrassing. But I had just sucked it up and purchased a month pass for the Climbing Wall and was going 2-3 times a week, plus was back at Amazing Yoga, had been riding more, and also doing a lot of writing and typing. So all that pressure on my spine had finally given in, I suppose, when I was swatting Evan's hand away as he tried to poke me in the belly button. See: embarrassing.

The pain/stress to my body was so bad that it finally culminated in a day of puking with a migraine, but after that it started getting better. I threw it out on Friday, had to take off work on Tuesday when I couldn't stop the river of bile from flowing, and by the following Friday I was at the Climbing Wall again, gingerly trying some new tracks that involved swinging like a monkey.

Then I turned 30, Evan threw me a birthday party, then we went on a decent hike at Ohiopyle where we shared a big bottle of Dogfish Head Namaste. The next day, I did yard work and then mountain biking until it was too dark to see.

Amazing Yoga was literally amazing as I was starting to seep into a depression of lament over missed friends and stunted career paths (mainly missed friends). An hour and a half half naked in a sweaty room with a bunch of babes and a few thousand Sun Salutations later and I was a new woman. I'm hooked again. My month pass to the Climbing Wall has just ended, as has my latest 10-class pass at Amazing Yoga. Not sure if I'm going to re-up either of those or if I'm going to check out the new CrossFit gym that's opened up down the street from me. As we are currently fairly broke, I'm really weighing my options and also considering the possibility of just taking the dog for longer hikes in the woods in the morning instead of our regular park-and-back routine.

In the meantime, tomorrow we are leaving for Dirt Fest. I'm totally excited. I'll try to remember to post and tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment