Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Back on the wagon...THE TONY HORTON WAGON!

So the other day I had to pick something up at the drug store, and while I was there I bought some requisite Valentine's day boxers for E, and some requisite Hersey Kisses for the both of us (me). It's amazing how the first time after a while of not having Hersey's milk chocolate it tastes waxy and alost rancid, but after about 20 or so, they taste delicious and sweet-smooth. I just had to break that barrier. Needless to say, I woke up this morning and said, I gotta go for a run. I took the dog with me, which I always swear I'll never do again, because he hates it and is completely uncooperative, no matter how excited he gets when he sees his harness and my running shoes. All he wants to do is pee on everything and kick dirt around. But today he was great! We kept at a good pace for the most part and I let him pee on all his favorite things to pee on like the trash cans, one of the many big rocks (he would love to spend all day claiming each of them as his own, but I got a heartrate to contend with), and a few other important neighborhood installments. Other than that, he kept pace, didn't bark and the dogs in the park, and we got in a good 2.5 miles or so in about 20 minutes. Not bad considering it was the pre-run workout, we are both lazy, and there were ample distractions. I stopped short of entering the woods, because once we're in there, I want to run for much longer than we have time for, and he wants to pee on much more than, well, than we have time for.

Unfortunately, I probably only burned about 2 Hersey Kisses worth of calories (I haven't dared look at the nutritional value on the bag). It's a good thing I look so damn sexy already I don't need to worry about it, hey-o!

Also, speaking of looking sexy, my friend Neal came over the other day to borrow the P90X dvds (and also to eat gluten free dairy free protein WAFFLES with antioxidant berries and flax meal...message me for the recipe, they were really, surprisingly good). I had seen a snippet of an infomercial for the new P90X-2 that has been modified to include stability ball training and some other Pilates-style exercises, and have since been doing push-ups on the stability ball in addition the pull-ups I've been doing again to aid in my rock climbing skills. I've also been thinking about the program, about guru Horton, and where I'm at not so much on a fitness level but on a motivational level. SO put this together with Neal coming by to borrow the DVDs, and Alyssa reminding me, also at waffles, that she still had my P90X nutritional book but was almost done with it, and I decided to start up again. Not only that, but I invited Neal to be a co-blogger with me. I am not sure how I am going to do the P90X, since I want to make sure I get in rock climbing at least once a week still, and also time and energy for yoga once my shoulder issues are figured out (I've been practicing here and there, but am wary at this point of downward dog-heavy practices).

We are starting on Friday. This time, I want to do it right and disclose my measurements and some sassy poses of me flexing and I'm going to encourage Neal to do the same since he's never done this before. He currently plays volleyball and used to play a lot of kickball, plus he goes to the gym (or at least used to?). He's training for the Tough Mudder race, which is legitimately awesome, so he's going to need more than volleyball to get himself through that course (which is in no offense to Neal, I mean are you watching that video on their website? Insane! So much muddy, bloody, freezing-water fun!).

No comments:

Post a Comment