Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I ran...I ran so far away

So I've been pretty busy over the past few months. I got married (say whaaaa??), I picked up a new freelance gig writing funny little twitter-length feeds for apartment complexes, got another day at the office, started teaching for the semester....And some other stuff.

I took up yoga at Amazing Yoga for a little bit until I got too busy for it. I commuted to work and thank goodness they finally finished the bike path construction that took over a year. When E. and I were in Costa Rica for our honeymoon, we rented beach cruisers and rode them 38 miles in sandals to visit the Sloth Sanctuary.

Today, however, was a real milestone for me. Last night, I decided I would go for a run this morning. This morning, I woke up and even though it took me a bit to get out of bed, the first thing I did was put on my running clothes. I went downstairs, and saw it was raining. It hadn't rained in weeks. I left the house later than expected, the rain certainly not the greatest motivator, but still - I did it. I went for my first run that actually left the neighborhood! I'm not sure how many miles I ran but I was moving at a decent clip and would have run faster if it weren't for the lazy dog I was dragging behind me. I did run for about 45-50 minutes or so, though, and I feel pretty good about that considering it's my first run in about 6 months. I feel officially back in the game. I told myself I wouldn't start P90X until the weather got really crappy and I couldn't go mountain biking or running outside with any real enjoyment, so I need to take these rainy, cool days as they come. And, really, once you're outside and in the woods, the rain is really quite pleasant. The only poor choice I made was running up the steep singletrack that I knew was overgrown, which made my legs cold and wet the entire run.

I was hoping to leave early enough that I'd get back around the time that Evan was leaving for his 3-hour bike ride, so I could tire the dog out and have an empty house to get a lot of work done before heading to the law office. But I left late and got back about in time to get ready for work. But it did tire the dog out at least a little, and he was still tired when I got home from work, so it is a good model if I can make it work.

If all goes well, I may be running every morning (or so) until the weather turns really sour, so I can get more work done. I AM A MACHINE!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love that accomplished feeling of running; though, I despise it most.

    I'm finding it so hard with all the fuss of the world to continue my 3-day-a-week gym routine. Doesn't seem like much, but shit is certainly stacked in the way.

    Kudos to you. And congrats again on the wedding. You two are cuties.

    <3

    ReplyDelete