Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 30 - officially a third done! (also, Plyometrics)

I did it! I am officially a third of the way through P90X. I don't necessarily feel like I have a Beach Body (tm) yet, but maybe a third of a beach body, so I'm technically on track (this is a joke, at least partly). I do feel more fit, and like everything is working better overall. I feel a lot more physically balanced, where it's always seemed like my legs and cardio capacity were great, but my core and upper body were lacking. Maybe my endurance was good and my cardio was bad, I had a hard time differentiating to be honest, which is a sign in itself, probably. My digestion is better, but on the other hand my stomach is hurting after an hour of Plyometrics - it could be the egg whites I've been eating that expired last week, or that I had a turkey burger an hour before exercising and should have waited longer, or it could be the Endurox I've been drinking as a recovery drink which I've heard can cause sensitive stomachs to feel, you know, sensitive.

It was good to do the exercise today to remind myself that running really isn't a good substitute for Plyometrics (except during the strange Recovery Week). I felt it immediately in my legs, core, lungs. I can usually do jumping and cardio exercises seemingly endlessly, but after not doing Plyometrics for a week, I could still keep up but at the end of some exercises I had a hard time keeping my knees up in the high jumps, for instance, or felt utterly winded after a particular jaunt. As hard as it was, it was really fun and may be my favorite of all the P90X sessions.

There's a dinner party tonight, and I'm 2/3 tempted to stay home and do some non-P90X specific Rodney Yee power yoga for relaxation. Hopefully it would calm my stomach. But alas, I'll probably take a shower and drag my drained but up to The Hill District for the last sweeps of the party to at least pick up E, if not steal a slice of cake. Like Tony Horton says, I burned an awful lot of carbs today so I need to make sure I've eaten enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment