Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 23 - Core Synergistics (hoo-ah!)

Truth be told, I don't really like Core Synergistics as much as Tony tells me I should. I feel it just about everywhere but my stomach, and holy hell are some of those exercises hard - on the shoulders, arms, legs. I know it's because I don't "engage" my core enough, as much as I try to, but I can't imagine possibly flexing my stomach enough to be able to do a solid minute of plank-to-chaturanga run. It's a nice little semi-cardio workout though for recovery week, and who knows, maybe I'll do an extra Ab Ripper X later tonight (doubt it!). There are definitely some exercises that hurt a lot more than you think they will, and some exercises that I expect to be a bit easier with the band because usually the band is easier with weights, but because of your body positioning, the band gives you a much more dynamic flexing of multiple muscles. What a cool feeling, even if I'm not really good at it yet. But I'm only 3 and a half weeks in, and by the end I'm confident I'll be good enough at Core Synergetics to feel it in all the right ways, and to have a lot of fun doing it. To Tony Horton's credit, it is an incredibly fast hour, compared for instance with the hour of chest and back.

Also, that diet I was talking about a few days ago - whoops! I ate a donut (....and a half...) at work today, but it was just so nice out and I was out running errands at the Office of Court Records and I didn't need any more coffee and man I just really love a donut.

I didn't eat enough food, I don't think, and that was the problem. This morning I had a delicious protein shake, and for lunch I had a small yogurt and my left-overs from my burrito bowl from last night, which turns out was only like a quarter of the meal. I overdid it yesterday and it threw today off balance. Lesson learned I guess. Oh, here comes E. with a frozen yogurt. I need to eat more vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment